Low Fat Jell-O Parfaits
photo by KGCOOK
- Ready In:
- Mix both packages of jell-o with the boiling water and stir till jell-o is disolved.
- Add cold water and stir.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours or until jell-o is firm.
- Put half of the jell-o into mixing bowl and add 1 container of yogurt.
- Set mixer on a medium -low setting and blend until blended but not creamy.
- put about 2 teaspoons gramham cracker crumbs in the bottom of 6 half pint canning jars.
- Followed by about 2 tablespoons jell-o mixture.
- Follow with about 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs.
- Followed by about 2 tablespoons plain jell-o.
- Next 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt.
- Repeat layers until all ingreditents are gone.
- Wipe rims, add lids and refrigerate.
- Really I don't think the order matters.
- Just put graham crackers between each layer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What fun, and the combination's you can make are unlimited. I used strawberry banana yogurt with strawberry jello and I had no graham crackers so I used animal crackers, crushed. Wonderful, I know the kids will love these when they get home from school and it's not really even bad for them, I used sugar free jello. thanks for a great , fun recipe and the idea of using the canning jars was brilliant.
Made & reviewed for the Recipe of the Week in the Kid Friendly Forum! We made these on Sunday evening, to take on a picnic on Monday, They are very easy (& fun gor the kids) to make. I used a couple of sachets of strawberry jelly crystals (vegetarian) & used digestives (UK equivalent of graham crackers). These were great & travelled perfectly in the cool box - everyone was very envious of our dessert!!! Thanks for a great recipe :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://www.caymandesigns.com/foodothers/fallswap.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswap.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/SaltPepperSwap.jpg alt= /> <br />[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/QueenBee49444/ZaarCasseroleDishes.jpg[/IMG] <br /><a href=http://www.millionhitcounters.com/><img src=http://www.millionhitcounters.com/counters/v/55940 border=0 alt=Hit Counters /></a></p>