Recipe by Kay14
This is one of my favorite recipes passed down to me by my grandmother. It has always been my favorite and everyone that loves strawberries will fall in love with this super-easy-to-make dessert.
Top Review by cindy_11580036
Yum. Easy, pretty and feels light. Made night before a work birthday and everyone loved. Be sure to save a few berries for garnish. I used a large sugar- free jello but used same amount of water as recipe. I also used Light Cool Whip. Wonder if you could just use the Cool Whip inside the filling instead of using heavier real whipping cream next time?
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (dry)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (what my grandmother calls a "pinch")
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 angel food cake
- 4 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jell-O in 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries, sugar, and salt.
- Cool until thickened in refrigerator.
- Fold in whipping cream.
- Cover bottom of 9 inch pan with torn pieces Angel Food cake.
- Pour half of strawberry mixture over it.
- Make another layer of cake.
- Pour remainder of strawberry mixture over it.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove and cover with thin layer of cool-whip.
- This dish is best made in a clear serving dish so that you can see the pretty layers!