This is one of my favorite recipes passed down to me by my grandmother. It has always been my favorite and everyone that loves strawberries will fall in love with this super-easy-to-make dessert.
- Dissolve Jell-O in 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries, sugar, and salt.
- Cool until thickened in refrigerator.
- Fold in whipping cream.
- Cover bottom of 9 inch pan with torn pieces Angel Food cake.
- Pour half of strawberry mixture over it.
- Make another layer of cake.
- Pour remainder of strawberry mixture over it.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove and cover with thin layer of cool-whip.
- This dish is best made in a clear serving dish so that you can see the pretty layers!
Yum. Easy, pretty and feels light. Made night before a work birthday and everyone loved. Be sure to save a few berries for garnish. I used a large sugar- free jello but used same amount of water as recipe. I also used Light Cool Whip. Wonder if you could just use the Cool Whip inside the filling instead of using heavier real whipping cream next time?
Actually looking for a similar recipe I used to make. I did make it without the cream, although it seemed like it needed more liquid (was running from computer to kitchen and completely overlooked the cream). I will make again with maybe 2-3 cups water. Was simply delicious anyway. Very nice recipe. Thank you!
Super-easy and delicious! I might try it without the cream. Thanks for posting!