Recipe by ShortieNJ
This comes from my Parish House Inn Breakfast cookbook. Strawberry sauce to serve with is listed seperately
Top Review by Susan W.
Excellent. I was a little confused about using 1/4 of the filling for the sandwiches without directions of what to do with the rest. I used all the filling to make the sandwiches. Awesome recipe!
- 12 slices bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 6 teaspoons jam (strawberry, or other variation)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- strawberry sauce (Strawberry Sauce (For French Toast))
Directions See How It's Made
- spread cream cheese on 6 slices of bread and jam on other 6 slices, put together like a sandwich (can wrap and continue the next morning, if desired).
- mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- dip sandwiches in egg mixture, grill on both sides.
- cut diagonally, spoon sauce over wedges to serve.