Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Family Fun magazine but adapted it to be a little more healthy. It's really yummy & full of flavor! I used 50/50 wheat/white flour. For those of you who don't like almonds or just want a change, try something like Grape Nuts cereal instead.
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven 375.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or line tin with paper muffin cups.
- Mix applesauce& sugar, add eggs one at a time.
- Blend until fluffy.
- Mix in milk& almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder& salt.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture.
- Blend until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries& almonds.
- Fill cups to the top.
- Bake 30 minutes.
These were yummy. I used the 50/50 wheat/white flour and the applesauce instead of the butter. I also ran out of almonds, so I used 1/2 almonds and 1/2 grapenuts. They were really moist and flavorful.