Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This rice pudding is not only incredibly easy to make, but delicious comfort food. It's all in one pot, and requires no use of the oven! If you like raisins with yours, add 1/4 cup with the vanilla.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup long grain white rice or 1⁄3 cup short-grain white rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the milk, rice, and salt. Place saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender (about 25 minutes). To prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan, stir the mixture frequently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- When the rice is tender remove from heat and add the sugar and ground cinnamon. Return to heat and cook until the pudding thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Spoon the pudding into your seeving bowls.
- If you like your pudding hot, eat it now.
- If you like your pudding cool, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. Remember that the longer you keep it in the fridge, the drier it will become.
This was amazing, tastes like cozy shack brand only better. Quadrupled the recipe and needed to cook it longer than stated, but will not increase the sugar that much next time because it was a little too sweet for my taste. Will make this again!
This so easy! I used silver pearl rice which is a medium grain (because I like its texture for rice pudding) and the results are creamy delicious rice pudding! Adding this recipe to my collection for sure!
This was so good, and super easy to make. I like mine cold with maple syrup.