1/1 Photo of Stove-Top Rice Pudding
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Muffin Head's Note:
This rice pudding is not only incredibly easy to make, but delicious comfort food. It's all in one pot, and requires no use of the oven! If you like raisins with yours, add 1/4 cup with the vanilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the milk, rice, and salt. Place saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender (about 25 minutes). To prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan, stir the mixture frequently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- 3When the rice is tender remove from heat and add the sugar and ground cinnamon. Return to heat and cook until the pudding thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Spoon the pudding into your seeving bowls.
- 4If you like your pudding hot, eat it now.
- 5If you like your pudding cool, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. Remember that the longer you keep it in the fridge, the drier it will become.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove-Top Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g