Recipe by mikey & ev
From Cooking Light. Just like Chinese takeout or PF Chang's Orange Peel Shrimp (without the orange peel). This takes no time to make and you already have most of the ingredients. We halved the recipe and cooked up 11 large shrimp from Costco for 2 people. At first we burned the garlic and ginger, so we started over and turned the heat down to medium. Enjoy! ** I took note from a reviewer and added some steamed broccoli with the sauce in step 6 - AWESOME! **
Top Review by TexasKelly
I used precooked shrimp and cut back on the honey a bit, as hubby is not crazy about sweet mixed with savory. I also did not use fresh orange juice, but it still came out very well. I added some red pepper flakes & cayenne pepper for heat, and it made a very good dinner.
- 680.38 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml fresh orange juice
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml chili paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 78.07 ml green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and chile paste, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add juice mixture and onions; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately.