Stir Fry Shrimp
A wonderful recipe for shrimp stir fry, I have made this many times --- chop veggies in advance to save time, once your veggies are chopped this stir fry takes little time to make ---I have made this without the snow peas it is still good but better with them added, white wine only for this
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger (can use more if desired)
- 40 medium shrimp, washed, peeled and uncooked (can use less shrimp)
- 2 cups snow peas (can use any amount desired)
- 2 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 1 onion, chopped (can slice also)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic and ginger for about half minutes (30 seconds).
- Add in the shrimp and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in veggies and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes,.
- Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey and wine; toss and cook for about 2 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a yummy sauce! The nice thing about this recipe is that you can use what veggies you have available and it is still excellent. I used garlic, sweet onion, red bell pepper, broccoli florets, diagonally sliced the tender stalk, and celery. It was a real winner. I did serve it over rice so we got every drop of that heavenly sauce. Thanks for the recipeReply
Yes it is really good! I didn't have any bean sprouts so used a corn / bean / capsicum mix from a tin instead which worked well. The only change I would make next time is to either serve over rice or add some cornflour to the sauce, seemed a shame to have some of the yummy sauce left behind on the plate!Reply