Recipe by English_Rose
A snappy supper dish or tasty light meal, this fresh and colourful stir-fry is as flavoursome as it is healthy.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 1 egg
- 6 1⁄2 ounces rice noodles, broad variety, soaked as per instructions on the packet, drained
- 2 1⁄2 ounces greens, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons stock (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok, placed over a medium heat. Tip in the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Break in the egg and cook briskly with the chicken until cooked through
- Add the drained rice noodles, followed by the vegetables. Season with the fish sauce, and add the sugar, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.
- The noodles should be quite moist - add a little stock or water to loosen the texture. Sprinkle with black pepper just before serving.
- This dish is served with a set of 3 condiments: fish sauce, chili powder, and chopped chilies steeped in vinegar with a pinch of sugar.