1/1 Photo of Stir-Fried Pork in Black Bean Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Better than take-out, your family won't believe that you made it. It comes together really quickly although you should let the meat marinate for at least an hour. You can serve it over steamed white rice. From Williams Sonoma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 22.18 ml fermented black beans, well rinsed (These come in a cardboard cylinder carton and are sometimes called preserved or salted black beans)
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 1Cut the pork into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, combine the pork, baking soda, salt, sugar, white pepper, and 2 tablespoons water and mix well.
- 2Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 hours.
- 3To make the sauce: In a bowl, stir together the black beans, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, white pepper, and 1/4 cup water. set aside.
- 4Dice the onion. Cut the bell pepper halves into cubes. Set aside. In a wok or large saute pan over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil until almost smoking. Add the garlic and ginger and fry until golden brown, about 4-5 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, lift out the garlic and ginger and discard. Add the onion and bell peppers and stir-fry until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the rice wine and deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom. When the wine has nearly evaporated, transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- 5Remove the pork cubes from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the marinade. Return the pan to high heat and heat until very hot. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the hot pan. When it is hot, add the pork and stir-fry until it browns and turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer the meat to a colander to drain.
- 6Return the pan to high heat and heat until very hot. Add the cooked vegetables, the pork and the sauce and stir-fry rapidly until the sauce thickens and the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 7Transfer the pork mixture to a warmed platter, garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve with the rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Pork in Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 723.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fermented black beans