Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Love those oysters! This is a simple, fast and enjoyable recipe. Oysters have to be good for you because they sure do taste good!!
- 1 lb oyster, shucked or defrosted if not fresh
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 1⁄4 inches ginger, chopped finely
- Boil 4 cups water in pot and add oysters for 10-15 seconds .
- Remove with slotten spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Blend cornstarch with 4 Tbs water and add oyster and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in wok, add wine, oysters, green onion& ginger.
- Stir fry 15 seconds.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir fry 1 minute.
I love oysters and I like different ways to make them. This recipe was terrific. The sauce was perfect in flavor and texture. The previous reviewer mentioned they'd leave out the corstarch, but I think that reviewer missed the part about using 4 tbsp of water (because the water isn't in the ingredient list but it is in the directions). If you skipped the water, the sauce would be way too thick. I enjoyed these oysters very much and will use this recipe again. Thanx!
These were good, but I would leave out the ginger and the cornstarch.