1/1 Photo of Stir Fried Chicken With Cashews
Kitchen Musician's Note:
Make this once and you'll never order it out again! Cooking time does not include rice preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
- 1To make the cooking sauce, combine water, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and corn syrup. Stir and set aside.
- 2Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add oil and coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and stir-fry until pieces turn white on all sides (3 to 5 minutes).
- 3Add cashews to pan and continue stir-frying about one minute.
- 4Add in the snow peas, water chestnuts and tomatoes. Continue stirring until all is hot.
- 5Stir up the cooking sauce to dissolve the cornstarch (it should now be tan in color, not black). Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly (the aroma is fantastic!). Continue boiling for one minute as sauce thickens.
- 6Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Chicken With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1125.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 36.8 g