Recipe by Kitchen Musician
Make this once and you'll never order it out again! Cooking time does not include rice preparation.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the cooking sauce, combine water, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and corn syrup. Stir and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add oil and coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and stir-fry until pieces turn white on all sides (3 to 5 minutes).
- Add cashews to pan and continue stir-frying about one minute.
- Add in the snow peas, water chestnuts and tomatoes. Continue stirring until all is hot.
- Stir up the cooking sauce to dissolve the cornstarch (it should now be tan in color, not black). Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly (the aroma is fantastic!). Continue boiling for one minute as sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot rice.