Stir-fried Lemon Chicken
Tart and a bit sweet. A quick stir-fry which is nice served with plain rice and some steamed vegetables. Fridge time is not included.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock, maybe a bit more
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, mixed with some water
- Mix the egg white with the corn flour, combine with the chicken, cover and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok until moderately hot and stir-fry the chicken for about one minute until they have turned white.
- Drain the chicken in a sieve or colander, discard the oil and wipe the wok clean.
- Reheat the wok, add all the sauce ingredients, except the corn flour mix, and bring it to the boil, then add the corn flour mix and simmer for one minute.
- Return the chicken strips to the wok and continue to stir-fry them for a few minutes until done and coated with the sauce.
- Do a last taste check for soy, sugar and lemon juice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more