1/1 Photo of Stir-Fried Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
This was a recipe my mom taught me to make when I was 11. The two sauces are by Lee Kum Kee, and are 'Black Bean Sauce' and 'Minced Ginger & Shallot Sauce'. I made this in a Master Chef competition at my old school, and came second, although I was the clear public favourite :) Anyway, it's delicious, so try it out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (with skin)
- 6 shallots, peeled and slightly flattened
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (50 g) packet black bean sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger and shallot sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 12 -14 ounces thai fragrant rice
- 1Wash rice and steam in rice cooker.
- 2Season chicken with white pepper. Add ginger and shallot sauce and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 3Heat 2 tbsps oil in a wok and lightly fry garlic over medium heat, until golden. Add chicken and brown on all sides, turning pieces over once or twice. Remove and drain off excess oil, leaving about 1 tbsp of the cooked oil in the wok.
- 4Fry the shallots until beginning to soften. Add black bean sauce and stir fry on high heat until sauce starts to bubble. Return chicken to wok and stir fry on high heat until cooked through.
- 5Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1297.3
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce
ginger and shallot sauce