Recipe by Marie
Wonderful stir fry recipe that goes together real easy. Can be made in a deep skillet if no wok is available.
Top Tweak by HEP MEP
This was real easy. I prepared everything in advance and cooked it up fast. I did make 2 substitutions. I added fresh bean sprouts instead of carrot and in addition to the fresh mushrooms, I added a bag of dried "Asian mix" mushrooms that I rehydrated in some warm water and soy sauce. It worked out well for us. The only change I would make next time is to spice it up a little more - with what, I'm not sure. Thanks for the fun,fast, and tasty recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in squares
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In wok, heat oil over high heat; add chicken and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and carrot and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp, stock and sherry and cover and cook until shrimp are just pink, about 2 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with soy sauce and pour into wok.
- Cook, stirring until thick.
- Serve over rice.