1/4 Photos of Stick to Your Ribs Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
Yum! A filling and tasy soup you will love, that's also low fat! From Perfect Food, a weight watchers magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground round
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage (about a pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 3 1/2 cups tomato juice or 3 1/2 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1Cook beef in a 12 quart Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 2Drain well, and return to pan.
- 3Add water and the rest of the ingredients, except the angel hair pasta, and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5Break the pasta in half; stir into soup, and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes until pasta is done.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stick to Your Ribs Soup
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 423.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat beef broth