Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is EASY to prepare and the taste is amazing. Great for your family and friends. It can be frozen and eaten later. We like it with potatoes or pasta. For us it is a goulash. Just add a salad or your favorite vegetable and dinner is ready.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 -4 red onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn (in cheeseclothe )
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 beef bouillon cube (Knorr )
- 3 cups red wine
- 2 cups water
- In large pot heat the oil. When hot add the beef, onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the peppercorns, bay leaves, salt, beef bouillon, the wine and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and let it simmer for about 2 1/2 hours, stirring once a while.
- Make sure there is enough liquid in the pot to almost cover the meat.
- When finished the beef should be tender and nicely flavored ( thanks to the wine ).
- Take out the peppercorn and bay leaves.
- Spoon over pasta or potatoes.