Recipe by Nyx
Got this recipe from my friend's mom, who makes it with pork. I haven't tried it with the pork, only turkey. Kids love this recipe - it goes well over rice. Best part is that it takes no time at all to make. On days when I don't have time, I simply mix everything together beforehand, cover it in saran wrap and throw the Corel bowl (which I can put directly into a steamer) into the fridge until 30 minutes before dinner time. To avoid using the chicken bouillon I have tried using chicken broth, but I really see no difference in taste. So I normally just make it using water and skipping the chicken bouillon altogether.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb pork
- 4 -5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -2 stalk green onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces soft tofu
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir soy sauce, water, garlic, sugar, tofu and meat together in ceramic bowl
- HINT: 8 ounces tofu is half a regular pack you'd buy at the store.
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch, boil water in a steamer.
- Chop up your green onion and stir it into the mix.
- Put bowl into steamer for 20 minutes over medium heat. Serve hot over rice.