Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Common Cantonese dish well-known among all families. Its taste is fluffy and tender. This dish is simple and cheap. Both suitable for the old and kids. Try it -- You can add what you like inside the eggs such as meat, shrimps, mushrooms or anything else.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- cold water, same volume of the eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 stalk spring onion, diced
- soy sauce (to suit your taste)
- Mix the first five ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow saucer.
- Steam the mixture over boiling water, or you can steam it inside rice cooker above rice, until it is just cooked (about 7 minutes).
- Sprinkle the spring onion on top.
- Add soy sauce on top to suit your taste.
- Serve hot with rice and other dishes.
Absolutely delicious! I prepared it with milk instead of water and added some frozen spinach. It came out great - thanks for sharing.
I soaked some dried Chinese mushrooms and used the soaking liquid instead of water. This with the mushrooms gave a good taste to the dish. I served it with hoi sin sauce over rice. Nice dinner. Thanks Rita Wu.
Thank you for the simple recipe. For better taste, I used chicken stock, instead of water. However, after 7 minutes of steam time, the egg mixture below the surface layer is still uncooked. I took 15 minutes for the whole mixture to set. Kindly review the cook time. Thank you. firstname.lastname@example.org