Recipe by wasabipea00
Better than a five-star restaurant, and won't stick to your gut (or butt). Refreshing and delicious, with amazingly zesty flavor that rivals any of my favorite New York City gourmet destinations -- and it's easy!! Amazingly, my husband adapted a recipe he found and I'll love him dearly forever for finding it... Our secret revealed...
Top Review by Runs w/ sharpie
This turned out really wonderful. To speed up the operation even more I used chicken tenders and pre-minced ginger that comes in a squeeze tube. Nothing better than a one dish meal that tastes good!!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small gingerroot
- 1 large scallion
- 1 lemon, quartered
- dried red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 3 in x 1/2 in strips.
- Marinate the chicken in Italian dressing while you trim the snow peas.
- In a 12-inch skillet, boil the water with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3-4 quarter-sized slices of ginger over high heat.
- Add the chicken, lower the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the snow peas over chicken in the skillet, cover again, and simmer approximately 2 minutes so that snow peas are cooked but still crunchy.
- Serve over cooked white rice, garnishing each portion with scallion. Serve with lemon wedges and red pepper flakes to taste.