Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Better than a five-star restaurant, and won't stick to your gut (or butt). Refreshing and delicious, with amazingly zesty flavor that rivals any of my favorite New York City gourmet destinations -- and it's easy!! Amazingly, my husband adapted a recipe he found and I'll love him dearly forever for finding it... Our secret revealed...
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small gingerroot
- 1 large scallion
- 1 lemon, quartered
- dried red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken into 3 in x 1/2 in strips.
- Marinate the chicken in Italian dressing while you trim the snow peas.
- In a 12-inch skillet, boil the water with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3-4 quarter-sized slices of ginger over high heat.
- Add the chicken, lower the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the snow peas over chicken in the skillet, cover again, and simmer approximately 2 minutes so that snow peas are cooked but still crunchy.
- Serve over cooked white rice, garnishing each portion with scallion. Serve with lemon wedges and red pepper flakes to taste.
This turned out really wonderful. To speed up the operation even more I used chicken tenders and pre-minced ginger that comes in a squeeze tube. Nothing better than a one dish meal that tastes good!!