From Woman's Day June 2008.
Make and share this Steak & Shiitake Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rice (white, basmati, or jasmine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces steak, of your choice cut in 1-in . cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced or 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until eggs are firm and set, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer eggs to cutting board and set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to the same skillet; cook for 1 minute. Add steak and cook until cooked through; 3-5 minutes. Add the carrots, snow peas, and mushrooms. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
- Slice eggs into thin strips. Spoon fried rice onto a serving platter, top with eggs and serve.
Excellent and so quick to put together. Flavors were wonderful. Of course I added more garlic and used pre shredded carrots which made this even quicker. Thanks Shelby Jo. I'll make this one again :) Made for PRMR :)
Very very good! I added another 1/2 cup of shitake mushrooms, because I love mushrooms. I thought I was making it exactly as directed, but realized at the last minute the the "snow peas" I grabbed were actually "sugar snap peas". But it turned out delicious! I'll definitely make this one again. Another great recipe, Shelby Jo. Made for Zaar 123 Hits Tag.
Very clear instructions made this flavoursome dish very easy to prepare. I used thin strips of beef, shredded baby carrots and added some beanshoots and cashews to the snowpeas. The soy sauce and sesame oil added a great flavour. We really enjoyed this, and I'll certainly be making it again. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.