1/2 Photos of Steak & Shiitake Fried Rice
Shelby Jo's Note:
From Woman's Day June 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice (white, basmati, or jasmine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces steak, of your choice cut in 1-in . cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced or 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom, stems removed
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until eggs are firm and set, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer eggs to cutting board and set aside.
- 3Add garlic and ginger to the same skillet; cook for 1 minute. Add steak and cook until cooked through; 3-5 minutes. Add the carrots, snow peas, and mushrooms. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
- 4Slice eggs into thin strips. Spoon fried rice onto a serving platter, top with eggs and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak & Shiitake Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 923.6
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 289.2 mg
- Sodium 1243.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: