- 1 cup rice (white, basmati, or jasmine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces steak, of your choice cut in 1-in . cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced or 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until eggs are firm and set, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer eggs to cutting board and set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to the same skillet; cook for 1 minute. Add steak and cook until cooked through; 3-5 minutes. Add the carrots, snow peas, and mushrooms. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
- Slice eggs into thin strips. Spoon fried rice onto a serving platter, top with eggs and serve.