Fried Rice Dinner
photo by ATM 67
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded cabbage, packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot (to taste) (optional)
- 1 garlic clove (slivered or minced, to taste)
- 3 cups cooked white rice, approximately
- 2 large eggs, beaten with
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 cups cooked pork or 1 1/2 cups cooked beef
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Heat about 1 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet (non-stick works best).
- Add cabbage, carrot, onion, ginger and garlic and stir fry about 5 to 7 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Transfer to a bowl to keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in the same skillet and add the rice and meat slivers, cook stirring constantly about 2 to 5 minutes or until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium and push the rice out to the edge of the pan to make a large well.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes without stirring until almost set.
- With a spoon or other utensil, break the eggs into small pieces and mix into the rice.
- Return the vegetables to the pan, season with black pepper and add the soy sauce.
- Toss about 1 or 2 minutes to heat through.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the top and serve.
- Makes 4 generous servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and cooking and find that I all too often don't have as much time to spend in the kitchen as I'd like. I long for a new updated kitchen with a functional pantry that will allow me to actually spend productive time in the kitchen rather than spend it forever rooting around in cupboards to find some lost important ingredient. I love to surf the 'net to look for new recipes and food ideas and lunch hours at my day job (crop diagnostician) are often used for just that. Other than kitchen stuff my hobbies are gardening, quilting and reading.