Recipe by eager cook
My husband is Dominican and I came across this Dominican recipe online and he approves (ALOT). I made a few changes because I like strong flavors. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, but it doesn't lack any flavor.
- 2 lbs beef, cut into 2in wide strips (any cut you like, I prefer skirt steak)
- 1 lemon, cut in halves
- 1 onion, sliced thinly (julienne)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beef and scrub with lemon.
- Add pepper,oregano and a little salt to the steak, then rub beef with garlic. Set to the side.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and sautee onions until they become transparent. Add vinegar to pot and simmer over low heat until vinegar evaporated. Remove the onion from pan and set aside.
- Return the heat to medium or medium high and then add the beef to the pan (while the beef cook it's juice will mix with the sauce left in the pan).
- Once beef is cooked add the onions to the pan and stir for a minute.
- Remove the dish and serve with rice (I like to pour a little of the sauce into my rice).