Salisbury Steak With Mushroom and Onion Gravy
I combined the Salisbury steak from one recipe and the gravy from another and made this hearty, filling, easy meal. Mashed potatoes make a great accompaniment, I suggest making extra gravy for the potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced, into, rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Combine ground beef, chopped onions, cracker crumbs, egg, horseradish, salt and pepper. Shape into patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Cook patties till no longer pink inside - approx 8 minutes each side.
- In separate pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Sauté onion rings and mushrooms til tender.
- Remove patties from pan.
- Stir flour into pan, scraping bottom of pan. Add dash of salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in cream to form a thick paste.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth - stir till thick.
- Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir till mixed well.
- Simmer 5 minutes Add mushrooms, onions and patties.
- Heat 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This recipe turned out very well and was enjoyed by all. Oddly, we aren't people who like horseradish, but it was quite good in this instance. I chose to use part chicken broth and part beef broth which I would do again as it made for a nicely coloured gravy. The next time I make this, I may add a splash of red wine too. Thanks for a lovely recipe.