1/3 Photos of Spring Vegetable Soup
Sydney Mike's Note:
When served in bread bowls, this soup has great presentation, & the taste is great no matter how it's served! The recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta, dry, broken (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, snipped
- 4 (5 inch) bread bowls or 4 (5 inch) sliced French bread
- 1In a medium saucepan combine 3 cups of the vegetable broth, water chestnuts, pasta & thyme.
- 2Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup of vegetable broth & the cornstarch, then add it to the chestnuts-&-pasta mixture.
- 4Stir in asparagus & peas, then cook & stir until thickened & bubbly.
- 5Cook & stir another 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender & pasta is tender but firm.
- 6Stir in the mint.
- 7To serve, ladle soup into bread bowls or, less fancy, serve with French bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: