Recipe by ChefDLH
I love making holiday recipes to go with our family festivities.Found this in a fall 2009 magazine. A hearty meal to go with a salad that is quick and easy for before trick or treating on Halloween evening or any night for that matter. ChefDLH
Top Review by tyswimmom
I made this recipe yesterday for my family and they all came back for seconds. It was delicious! I used frozen chopped broccoli in place of peas because that is what I had on hand, and it worked out well. Great!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagehillshire farm smoked sausage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups French-fried onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut sausage into 1/4" slices
- heat a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine soup and milk in 13x9 inch 3-qt. casserole. Stir in uncooked pasta, sausage, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup French Fried Onions and peas.
- Bake 45 minutes covered tightly with foil.
- Remove foil and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup french fried onions.
- Bake 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.