Recipe by i8again
This is a vegetarian adaptation of "Upside Down Ravioli" recipe I found on the back of Barilla pasta. It's quite easy to make and yields tasty results.
- 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 26 ounces marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook jumbo shells according to package directions; drain.
- Soute spinach, onion and garlic in oil for 10 minute
- Remove from heat. Stir in seasonings and blend well.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Stir in egg, cottage and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1 cup of marinara souce into 13x9- inch baking dish.
- Fill jumbo shells with spinach mixture; place in pan. Pour remaining marinara souce over shells; cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.