Recipe by anniem312
I wanted to create a 'low-carb' appetizer that is easy and quick, but still fancy enough to impress folks at a dinner party. So far, everyone loves it, even picky eaters - they don't have to know about the anchovies, which can easily be omitted.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
If your goal is low-carb, this is a superb recipe! I made this last night for friends and really enjoyed it. I found the "stuffing" was enough for about 40 mushrooms. I made as stated and actually squeezed the spinach dry but next time I would also chop the spinach a bit. Thanks for posting, anniem312! This is an interesting stuffed mushroom recipe.
- 24 large mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms.
- Remove stems and finely chop.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushroom stems, onion, and garlic in the anchovy paste and olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add white pepper, spinach and cheese; mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the spinach filling.
- Bake in a shallow pan for 20 minutes at 350’.