This is a wonderful and refreshing salad that I got from Best of Bridge. I played around with it a bit and added a few other fresh fruits to it. This is yummy and great to offset a very rich main dish, such as my Death to Dieter's Lasagna.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 946.38 ml sliced fresh strawberries, cut into thirds
- 113.39 g can mandarin orange sections, drained, reserving 2 tsp of the juice for the dressing
- 1 fresh kiwi, sliced in quarters
- 78.07 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml light oil
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- 44.37 ml poppy seeds
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml minced onions
- Combine all dressing ingredients, mix well and refrigerate.
- Make well ahead to allow flavors to blend.
- Taste dressing and adjust sugar/vinegar for your sweet/tart taste preferences.
- Tear fresh spinach into bite sized pieces, wash and pat dry.
- Wash strawberries, drain, pat dry and cut in thirds.
- Shake dressing container well and toss with spinach, strawberries, kiwi and mandarin orange sections just before serving, otherwise the spinach will wilt.
- This makes a wonderfully tart, slightly sweet and very colorful salad!