Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since I was a teenager there was a fabulous spinach salad that I used to always get at The Metropolitan Grill in Seattle. At the time I lived a few hours away and was only able to get to Seattle every month or so...so I improvised and tried to duplicate the salad at home. Nothing beats The Metro but this really is a fantastic salad...goes great with so many different dishes.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, rinsed again and dried thoroughly
- 3 button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated for best taste and texture
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or 1 packet splenda...this is what I do)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb bay shrimp (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled (optional)
- For the dressing-in a small bowl whisk the oil,vinegar,salt and pepper, and sugar or splenda all together until everything is disolved.
- In a large bowl place the spinach in then gently add the mushrooms and the mozerella.
- Give the dressing one last whisk and pour it over the salad.
- Gently toss the salad and plate them up.
- If using the optional ingredients neatly garnish the salads with them now.
- You can also add a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- I try to chill my salad dishes before using them when I have the chance.
Delicious! I didn't add the shrimp or mushrooms, but I loved it! It all works so great together - perfect way to add a salad to a meal! Made for PAC Spring '10.
What a delightful spinach salad. I didn't add any shrimp but the salad was fantastic without it. The dressing is perfect for the salad ingredients. Thanks so much for sharing this winner, Lisa Brown009..
Even my 14 year old likes this salad.