Recipe by Sweet**Fuzion
Since I was a teenager there was a fabulous spinach salad that I used to always get at The Metropolitan Grill in Seattle. At the time I lived a few hours away and was only able to get to Seattle every month or so...so I improvised and tried to duplicate the salad at home. Nothing beats The Metro but this really is a fantastic salad...goes great with so many different dishes.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, rinsed again and dried thoroughly
- 3 button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated for best taste and texture
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or 1 packet splenda...this is what I do)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb bay shrimp (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing-in a small bowl whisk the oil,vinegar,salt and pepper, and sugar or splenda all together until everything is disolved.
- In a large bowl place the spinach in then gently add the mushrooms and the mozerella.
- Give the dressing one last whisk and pour it over the salad.
- Gently toss the salad and plate them up.
- If using the optional ingredients neatly garnish the salads with them now.
- You can also add a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- I try to chill my salad dishes before using them when I have the chance.