Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Fine Cooking.
Make and share this Spinach, Shrimp & Feta With Fusilli recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20)
- 1 large lemon, halved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dried fusilli or 8 ounces gemelli pasta or 8 ounces other twist pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, more for drizzling
- 1 large fresh thyme sprig
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup clam juice
- 2 bunches spinach, stemmed, washed, and roughly chopped (about 10 oz. after stemming)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarse toasted breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Put the cleaned shrimp in a small, nonreactive bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemon halves onto the shrimp. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and let marinate for 20 minute.
- Put a large pot of water on to boil; when it's at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the thyme sprig and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute to flavor the oil.
- Add the shrimp and minced garlic, stirring briskly and cooking just until the shrimp turn color, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate and reserve.
- Raise the heat to high; add the white wine and clam juice. Boil until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, 2 to 4 minute Remove the thyme sprig, stir in the spinach, and cover the skillet.
- Simmer until the spinach is just wilted, about 1 min., stirring once or twice.
- Add the boiled, drained pasta and the reserved shrimp to the skillet; stir to combine and let simmer over very low heat for 1 to 2 minute to finish the shrimp and let the flavors meld.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the crumbled feta. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half over the pasta; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the tarragon, parsley, and chives, sprinkle the mixture over the pasta without tossing, and serve.