Recipe by Gadget_Queen
Great Fall main dish salad. Use thick-sliced smoked chicken from the meat dept. or you can substitute smoked turkey from the deli. For more sweet/sour, add another tsp. vinegar. From Food and Wine.
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 2⁄3 lb smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 lb spinach, washed, stems removed (9 cups)
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 apple, tart, peeled, cored, 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Toast walnuts about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Whisk vinegar with mustard, salt and pepper in a small glass or stainless bowl. Whisk in oil.
- In large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of the dressing with chicken. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add walnuts, bacon, spinach, onion, apple and remaining dressing. Toss.