Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Syrup provides body and a rich, sweet base to the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, country style
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, vertically sliced
- 1⁄2 cup braeburn apple, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 10 ounces spinach, fresh
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.
I originally obtained this recipe from Cooking Light magazine. I intended on posting it, but found it was already here. I often double the dressing recipe and keep it in the fridge. My daugher is addicted to this dressing and would probably drink it if I would let her! I often make variations on the salad - pear instead of apple, addition of blue cheese, etc. I don't care for raw mushrooms, so I usually leave them out. Grated carrot is a nice addition. I also use olive oil instead of the canola oil. Thanks for posting - this is really a great recipe!!!
Very good salad! Loved the maple syrup in the dressing. Strongly recommend.