Recipe by ARathkamp
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe handed down from an old church cookbook, so I don't know who to credit! All I know is the family raves over this at every gathering, especially holidays
- 1 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 10 slices cooked bacon, strips (I like center cut)
- 1⁄2 cup hardboiled egg (to taste) or 4 hardboiled egg, sliced (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (I like to use a stevia equivalent)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I use Lea & Perins)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup (I like Heintz)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Hard boil the eggs. When cooled, peel then slice (or cut into wedges) the eggs.
- 2 Cook the bacon (I cook in the oven, or can use pre-cooked bacon slices). When cooled, tear into pieces.
- 3 Finely dice (or slice) the red onion.
- 4 Wash and trim the baby spinach leaves. Place into large salad serving bowl.
- 5 Make the dressing. In a separate mixing bowl, combine and wisk together the remaining ingrediants (sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil, ketchup and vinegar).
- 6 Top salad with the prepared onions, eggs and bacon. Serve dressing on the side.