Recipe by Rhonda *J*
This is a recipe i was considering posting, but have not tried, am now posting in response to a request on the boards. It sounds like a good dip, and a little different,I hope to try it myself soon!Cook time listed is chill time. From Better Homes & Gardens.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (I would slice fairly small since it is a dip!)
- 3 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 slices bacon
- bagel chips or pita bread rounds or crackers or your favourite vegetables, as dippers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in lg.
- skillet until crisp,drain on paper towels, crumble 4 of the slices& set aside.
- Crumble remaining slice of bacon, cover& chill for garnish.
- Remove drippings from pan.
- Add olive oil to pan and then mushrooms, onion,& garlic.
- Cook over med.
- heat until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard& pepper.
- Stir in spinach and cook& stir for 30 seconds or until spinach is wilted.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream,the 2 tbsp.
- of milk& 4 slices of crumbled bacon.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cover& chill for 4-36 hours.
- To serve, stir dip.
- If necessary, stir in additional milk until mixture is of dipping consistency.
- Top with chilled remaining crumbled bacon slice.
- Serve with bagel chips, pita crisps, crackers, or your favourite veggies.