Recipe by Java Chip
Delicious! From Rachael Ray Magazine August 2008. My only addition was to make it in a deep dish pie crust. Not heavy or cheesy, yet substantial enough - this is a great summer dinner! TIP - to avoid a soggy pie crust on the bottom, bake on a cookie sheet in the oven, not the regular grates.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Very good! I cut back on the spinach by half and added some fresh broccoli florets, subbed 4 oz of Mexican Velveeta (melted) for the 8 oz of garlic herb soft cheese, and lastly I made mine without the crust; great results with all changes. I will make this again with some of the recommended cheese and re-rate if necessary. I will also post a pic tomorrow. Thanks for a great vegetarian recipe this Ash Wednesday.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces garlic & herb spreadable cheese (like Rondele)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke (you can buy them jarred)
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells (in the frozen aisle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Wring the spinach dry and put in a large bowl.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, garlic herb cheese and eggs. Add the spinach, artichokes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and1/4 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine.
- pour into crust and bake until golden, about 45 minutes.