Recipe by ashleyann12
This Spinach Rice Pilaf is a great side to any chicken, meat or poultry. I was searching for this recipe after having this dish at a Greek resturant, and found it on another website. It has very little fat, and lots of spinach and other veggies, so it is healthy too.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 lb spinach, rinsed, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs dill, chopped 2 sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan until hot. Saute carrot, onion, leeks and celery for 5 minutes. Add rice; saute 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; saute 2 minutes. Add all but 2 Tbsp stock. Bring to simmer; add salt and pepper. Cover; cook 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; stir. Add remaining stock, if needed, and herbs. Cover; cook 5 minutes.