Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is beautifully simple, low-fat and very good for you! It is perfect as a main course filler or a side dish wth your roast dinner, or just as a light lunch. The ingredients give it a full flavour and optimum health too!
- 14 ounces frozen spinach (or canned)
- 3 cups pumpkin, chopped into large cubes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons gourmet instant bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbs, whatever desired
- Place chopped pumpkin in an oven proof dish with 1/2 a cup of water and bake on 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Boil remaining water in a pot with chopped carrots, celery and stock powder for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Cook frozen spinach in a microwave safe dish for 5 minutes on high or on a stove top until warmed through - stir through the sour cream and set aside.
- Drain the carrot/celery mixture and add it to the pumpkin dish. Using a spatula, press the vegetable ingredients down into the dish to make it like a flan.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the vegetables. Place it back in the oven and cook on a medium temp for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a roast or salad if desired!