Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made for my husband.
- 2 cups macaroni pasta, cooked
- 1 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In medium sized pot, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the hot milk and cook until thickened.
- Add the spinach, cheese, seasonings, horseradish and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Combine with the cooked pasta.
- Place in a greased cassarole dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until bubbling.
I loved this recipe as did the rest of my family! I did add a few things to make it more of a main dish. Extras were 1 small onion diced. 1/2 can diced tomato and 4 slices of cooked and diced bacon. 1/2 cup of cornflake crumbs on top. The flavors of the mustard and nutmeg came through boldly as a nice pop of flavor. Will def. keep this recipe and use many times over!!
Nice easy recipe. I did add a small onion and a few mushrooms. As the other review stated she too added mushrooms. Before they went bad, I had to use them up, so this was perfect.
A made it as a main dish, but you could use it as a side dish too. I served it with with a stuffed baked tomato. A perfect dinner
Thx for a nice simple recipe.
Very good!! I added mushrooms just because I needed to use them. Thank you for posting!