Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy spinach casserole!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I used fat free)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese (reserve 1 T)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Combine all ingredients, except 1 T. parmesan cheese.
- Pour into greased casserole and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minute.
Although definitely not 4 servings at our house, this is delicious! I used a slightly larger (12 oz) size of spinach and sauteed some fresh minced garlic with the onion before adding to the casserole. Not sure if that was a necessary step, but didn't want to have crunchy onion. Would definitely make again! Thanks for posting!
Out of this world! I couldn;t wait for it to cool... I ate it right out of the 8" pie pan I cooked it in! I used low fat feta, three egg whites, and also increased the amt of low-fat cottage cheese I used to about 12 ounces, as I had some extra to use up. This is a perfect post-op gastric bypass recipe for stage 3 and beyond! Real high protein, and low fat (the way I made it). Over the top with flavor. Yummmmm...
Very good...and so easy. My spinach hating daughter even liked it.