Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe would be a great addition to any party or get-together. Feel free to add more jalapenos if you want more heat.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 pita bread rounds
- For the dip: Drain spinach and press out as much water as possible.
- Combine the spinach, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and half and half in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a buttered baking dish and bake at 400º for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with pita toasts.
- For pita toasts:.
- Combine the butter, lemon pepper and cumin in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Slit each pita bread round in half so you have 2 rounds.
- Cut each round into triangles (using a pizza cutter makes this very easy).
- Dip each piece into butter mixture and place on a cookie and put under the broiler until crisp.