Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Comes from the Church of Messiah "Seasoned with Love" cookbook. Times do not include chill time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- water chestnut, diced (1 small can)
- Knorr vegetable soup mix (1 pkg)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf round Hawaiian bread
- Combine cooked & drained spinach, vegetable soup mix, sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped green onions & diced water chestnuts. Mix well.
- Place in airtight container and chill in refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- When ready to serve, hollow out loaf of Hawaiian bread, leaving just large enough hole to hold the dip.
- Spoon spinach dip into bread bowl and serve with remaining bread, cut into cubes and crackers.
I am "required" to make this for any party we are invited to! It is always the first dip to go. I wouldn't change a thing!!!
A big hit at the New Year's Eve party. Simple and easy to make. I hollowed out the loaf for a small bowl to fit in. Worked out great. Thanks for recipe.