King's Hawaiian Spinach Dip
- Ready In:
1/4 cup servings
- 32 ounces bread (2 loaves of King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, each 16 ounces)
- 1 (1 -2 ounce) package leek soup mix (onion soup mix may be substituted)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained but not cooked
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
PREPARE THE DIP:
- Make sure the spinach is well drained. You can press it with paper towels to remove excess water after thawing.
- Combine soup mix, mayonnaise, sour cream, water chestnuts, spinach and Worcestershire together in a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Refrigerate.
- NOTE: For best results in flavor, mix the dip the day before or at least 8 hours before using and refrigerate.
- Slice off the top of one loaf of the King's Hawaiian bread. Hollow out the inside, leaving about a 1-inch shell all around.
- Cube the removed bread and the other loaf into 1-inch chunks, to be used for dipping.
- Fill the hollowed loaf with the prepared dip.
- Surround the loaf with bread cubes when ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!