Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (Bread Machine)
Great for sliders and light Summer fare, these are better than store-bought. Found on a bread machine forum: thanks CaliforniaBreadMaker for posting a great recipe! *The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of milk but after making these twice and adding more, I corrected it to 1/2 cup: it may be my bread machine, so add the milk carefully, but with 1/2 cup it turned out perfectly for me :-)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup milk (*)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 potatoes, mashed or 6 ounces prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Prepare the bread machine: Combine ingredients as recommended my your machine's manufacturer.Use the dough setting.
- After the cycle, turn out onto a floured surface and preheat the oven to 350.
- Stretch dough into a log and with a sharp knife cut into 12 pieces.
- Use a 9x13x2 greased baking pan. Let it rise for an hour to 90 minutes.
- Brush with milk and bake at 350 degrees x20 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil after 10 minutes to prevent burning**.
Note on directions:
- **One baker used a glass Pyrex dish, like you would use for lasagna,lined it, ungreased, with waxed paper. Raised and baked it as directed, and it did not require the aluminum to prevent burning. I make these in a lower oven shelf and also haven't needed to cover them up.