Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This fabulous dip recipe I got from my Mom-in-law and let me tell you it is yummmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream (for both of these ingredients I use low fat, it is really a personal choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagethawed and squeezed dry spinach
- Mix all the ingredients together the night before in a bowl and leave in the fridge.
- Either in a party bowl or a hollowed out round bread (sour dough, pumpernickel) scoop out the dip into it.
- Use the hollowed out bread by cutting into bite size or use with bread sticks or veggies.
My sister's boyfriend requested this dip. We all loved it! I diced the water chestnuts and used fresh spinach that I steamed before hand. I also forgot to buy vegetable soup so used onion soup mix that I had already and it turned out excellent. We ate it from a bread bowl with assorted crackers as well as peices of the bread. Thanks much for the recipe. I will make it again using the proper soup but it was very good with the onion soup in it.
This was really good. Waay better when warm though! I added only 8 oz sour cream, and next time I will probably do the whole 16 oz pkg. It was really spinch-y with only 8 oz. I also added about 2 oz cream cheese and added some mozzarella. I will definitely make again! Thanks for the recipe
Easy to make and excellent to eat!!!