Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fancy spinach artichoke dip without mayonnaise. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked that didn't use it, so I made my own. I like the "special something" that mayonnaise adds to a dip, but have been trying to cut it out of my family's diet - so I added ground mustard and paprika to mimic some of the spices found in mayonnaise. This is a good party or date-night-in dip!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into an 8x8'' baking pan or similar ovenproof dish (should be able to contain about 3 cups.).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot with bagel chips, rye bread slices, tortilla chips, cheese crackers, pita, etc!
- Hint: Throw everything together in a stand mixer for quick and easy stirring!
- Hint: Grate your own Parmesan or use the fancy shredded kind for a smoother dip.
- Hint: Can be made in advance (up to 1 day) and kept in the fridge until ready to heat.
- Hint: Can be doubled and placed in a 9x13'' pan.
Enjoyed this dip and found it very tasty. It's hard to compare this dip against the "mayo" version as both are very good. This made a nice afternoon snack -- served it with veggies and tortilla chips. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.