Absolutely Wonderful Cheesy Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well)
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) jar marinated artichokes (drained and chopped) (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -3 garlic clove, minced, to taste (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- serve with French bread (toasted) or sourdough bread (toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup half and half milk or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (except bread) into a mixing bowl, gently fold together until combined.
- Pour into a greased or oiled 8" or 9" pie plate or other baking dish.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Let stand to cool down it will be very hot.
- Slice bread 1/4" to 1/2" and place directly on oven rack to toast for the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking time.
Thanks, Amie. This was so Tasty! I substituted yogurt cheese for the sour cream, and added a dab of prepared horseradish, but those were the only changes I made. It did come out as more of a "spread" rather than a "dip". We spread it on Trader Joe's Sesame Thins. Three of us finished off the whole thing in about ten minutes!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have become a Foodie! My most requested recipe is my Spinach Artichoke Dip, it is easy, served hot and cheesy! # 79312. Also, check out my Monterey Chicken # 81136. I like to make cooking easy, create shortcuts and use fewer ingredients when possible.