Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a delicious side dish for a holiday dinner. I found the recipe in Good Housekeeping (Dec., 2003) but it's originally from the Mabbettsville Market, in Millbrook, New York. This doubles easily for a larger crowd or potluck.
Top Review by mikewborck
This is wonderful! Always the first dish to disappear, I add both shredded and grated parmesan cheeses, and double the recipe!!!!! Thank you for posting this recipe..I lost the page I had ripped out in the magazine and was in a panic!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; in a bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup parmesan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with a spachula; reduce mixer speed and gradually add milk, mixing just until well blended.
- Spoon spinach mixture into a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole or 8'x8' glass baking dish; pour cream cheese mixture evenly over spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup parmesan and bake 25-30 minutes or until edges bubble and top is golden.
- Serve warm.