Recipe by surfaliensurf
NNNummy! After reading through several bruschetta recipes, I really wanted to try one of my own. I served these guys with a side of rice, but you could also try a salad or pasta. I always have left-overs, so feel free to tweak this one.
- 4 salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread (chunky slices)
- spinach dip
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1 cup bouillon
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Lightly spray a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Season skinless side of salmon with lemon pepper. Arrange fillets in baking dish. Drizzle with the soy sauce and top with orange slices.
- Bake, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, rice, chicken broth/bullion, water, and garlic to boil. Add broccoli and cook, covered, about 3 minutes or until it is crisp-tender.
- Pull salmon out and set aside.
- Toast bread in oven until light brown. Smear on a good helping of the spinach dip. Top with some of the salmon, flaked. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve with a side of the rice.