Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep4 hrs 30 mins
The raw food vegan approach to latkes. Yes, it definitely is pushing food boundaries and no, I haven't tried it. Prep time does not include soaking.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked 8 hours and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup filtered water (or Rejuvalac)
- 1 cup pine nuts, soaked 2 hours and drained
- 6 cups spinach, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 6 small red potatoes, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place macadamia nuts, garlic, salt, lemon juice and Rejuvelac or water into blender and blend well until mixture is smooth.
- Add pine nuts to mixture and blend well.
- Fold the nut mixture into spinach.
- Add onions and potatoes, stirring well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a teflex sheet.
- Sprinkle paprika on latkes.
- Dehydrate for 4 hours.