Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low calorie, low fat, delicious and refreshing salad with a citrus dressing which was with a recipe for orange-glazed pork cutlets. I haven't posted the pork cutlets part of the recipe (just zmail me if you want it). I found this in The Australian Women's Weekly's 'SLIM: low-fat eating for life', and I'm posting it for the Healthy for the Holidays Challenge.
SPINACH AND PECAN SALAD
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 4 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine the baby spinach leaves, nuts and snow peas in a large bowl.
- Segment the peeled orange over the salad so that none of the juice from the orange is lost; add the orange segments to the bowl.
- Place the citrus dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well, pour over the salad and toss gently to combine.
We really enjoyed this citrusy mix! I loved the dijon as it gives a pleasant aroma to the salad. I made the dressing as directed and had plenty to spread out over three salads. Just what we were looking for tonight! Thanks!
I added some goat cheese and vadalia onion slices to the salad and it was awesome! I doubled the dressing to make sure I had enough and my friend and I had it for lunch yesterday. I loved the citrus of the fruits with the crunch of the nuts and the sweetness of the snow peas. The cheese and sweet onion really added to it too! Thank you for sharing this lovely salad with us Bluemoon Downunder! Made for Gimme 5 Tag Game 1/09 Linda
This made a perfect lunch for my DH, but I found that I had to almost triple the dressing ingredients, and also I added in some cooked chicken breast. Thanks bluemoon!...Kitten